Amazon fire Tv stick is a media streaming device that lets you stream video, install apps, play music, etc on your tv. It’s built on the Android platform and it converts your normal tv to a smart tv. You can install android apps on the device and play games and enjoy music too.
The Hotstar app is not working on the firestick. This is a problem for all firestick users who want to stream their favorite TV shows or movies.
Some of the common problems with the Hotstar app on firestick are
- The Hotstar app crashes when it loads and won’t start at all.
- The Hotstar app doesn’t load at all, even after restarting the device.
- The screen freezes and doesn’t load any content while streaming from the app.
- The video quality is low and there’s a lot of buffering while streaming from the app.
- There’s no sound coming out of the speakers or headphones while streaming from the app, which makes it difficult to watch videos in peace without disturbing others around you.
Fix Hotstar Not Working on Amazon Fire Stick TV
1. Re-open Hotstar
Sometimes Hotstar app and Amazon go out of synchronization, in such situations simply close the Hotstar app on Amazon. Then reopen the Hotstar app and see if it works for you or not.
2. Reboot the Television
If closing the Hotstar app didn’t work then you should restart your TV and Amazon fire too. This will clear all the possibilities d eliminate the minor bugs and glitches that might prevent the Hotstar app from opening. Bring the remote of your TV and power it off.
3. Update Hotstar
- Hold the Home button until the list of all applications shows up.
- Select Apps.
- Now locate the Hotstar App and press the menu button once the Hotstar app is highlighted.
- Choose More info.
- Select the Update button. It will update now, and it is expected that Hotstar will work normally.
- Sign out from the firestick TV app.
- Go to http://hotstar.com on the phone browser, and sign out from there too.
- Open http://hotstar.com/activate on the same browser
- Now Login with Phone or Email whichever has a subscription – In the past enter code shown on the Fire TV app and update the app.
How To Activate and run Hotstar On Firestick?
Step 1: Firstly Turn on the Firestick, and click on the Search icon from the home screen.
Step 2: Now under the search bar type Hotstar and search.
Step 3: Now simply go over the Hotstar logo and click the get button and then it will Start downloading Hotstar to your amazon firestick.
Step 4: After downloading complete you can enjoy Hotstar by clicking open.
Step 5: Enter your mobile number or mail address to log in to the Hotstar app on your Firestick. Then you can enjoy Hotstar.
In this post, we explained a proper solution to Hotstar not working on firesticks, hope it helped you to solve your problem. Don’t forget to comment on your idea on this.