Vodafone Idea is an Indian telecom operator with its headquarters based in Mumbai and Gandhinagar. It is a pan-India integrated GSM operator offering 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G+, VoLTE, and VoWiFi service.
Having a Vi sim is very common in India ad it is one of best sim card to use in India. Vi gives “Binge All Night Offer” which is one of best USP of Vi currently where they offer unlimited data at night from 12AM to 6PM.
But because of certain reasons if you are willing to close/ terminate/ deactivate your VI i.e Vodafone idea Sim card then you are at the right place forright guidance. Do read till the end to know the process.
Steps to deactivate Vi SIM
You can close/ terminate your sim in two ways, one is from online way and the second way is from the offline way.
- First Pay Your dues & and pending bills with Vi.
- Contact 198, 141, or at 9920055666 which are official Vi postpaid Customer Care numbers.
- If you are inconvenient calling them then you can Live chat from the Vi app.
- A request Number Shall be Raised keep a note as Vi is too insecure to close its Prepaid/ postpaid connection and keep sending bills, As it is profitable to them.
- After successful contact to support the team, you will receive a call from them within 24 hours, on-call they will try to give different discounts on the current plan and will ask about your problems with connection and try to solve those problems so that you won’t close Prepaid/ postpaid connection.
- Meanwhile, you will be asked to verify your ownership and documents.
If you call from a different sim operator other than your Vi sim then–
- Call on 9920055666 or 9654297000 and press call.
- Then you will be asked to verify recently dialled numbers, last recharge value, and address or ID proof.
- Verify the above details while on call.
- After a successful request, your sim will be deactivated within 1 hour.
Just go to the nearest Vi care to you. Once you reach the nearest customer care you can request to close your Vi Prepaid Or postpaid sim card and you can even convert it to Prepaid type if you want.
Steps to unsuspend & resume Vi number
You can Call 9920055666 or 9654297000 and request to resume your number, but you have to give valud reason for that. The request should be within 90 days, because after that period your number will be available to avail others. Or go to the nearest Vi store to you and request them.
Hope you got the guidance and process to deactivate your Vi sim. If you have any doubts or question do ask in the comment box we will try to respond to as early a possible.